The retirement fund scheme in India which provides benefits to salaried people is known as Employees Provident Fund (EPF) or Provident Fund (PF). Under this scheme the employer and employee both contributes equally. Now Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) has launched an online passbook facility known as EPF e-Passbook for the EPF account holders by which they can check the status of their account.
One can easily get all details of your EPF Balance in this EPF e-Passbook online. You can check your EPF status anytime you want.
Register Online for EPFO e-Passbook at last of this Page
To get this facility of e-Passbook EPF one has to register compulsorily here. While registration you have to provide all the following details.
- Mobile Number
- You have to select one of the following documents to fill your details according to it. These document involve PAN Number, Aadhar (UID), NPR (National Population Register), Bank Account Number, Voter ID Card, Driving License, Passport Number, Ration Card Number.
- Depending upon selection of document you have to provide number of document.
- Name as on document
- Email ID
- Write the words as you see in image and click GET PIN.
You will get a 4 digit pin on your mobile fill it and submit. After submitting the form you will get confirmation on your mobile. Hence it completes the registration process. Now you can login in member portal to check your EPF Status Online.
Generate EPF e-Passbook Online
You can log in here by selecting the document you have chosen during registration and filling document number and mobile number.
After login you will see screen where you can alter your details by clicking on your name. You can download your E-passbook from this page. When you will click on Download E Passbook you have to select the state, After that you have to select PF office in that State. If you don’t know the your office you can find it here.
Now enter your EPF account Number and your name which should be same as in records of EPFO. Fill the Captcha and click GET PIN. You will receive Pin on your mobile enter the pin and click GET DETAIL. Here you can download PDF e-passbook.
Only if your EPF e-Passbook is available you can download it, otherwise a below message will appear-
“ Your e-passbook not available”. To get the details of your EPF account click on the link “Send request to get your e-passbook”
Now click on the link and you will see the following message
“Your e-Passbook request has been accepted. You shall be intimated on SMS when the same is available. You can check back after 3 days.”
EPFO has launched this facility but all the members are unable to use it as it is available for those only where the employer has uploaded E Challan and return.
Some Points to keep in mind regarding EPF e-Passbook
- One Mobile can be used for one registration. One can edit mobile number later on.
- One can see only one EPF account under one establishment.
- You can transfer your old EPF account to new one.
- You can not see settled and inoperative accounts.
- You can register by different ID proofs and mobile numbers to check different accounts.
Although it is a great effort but its success depends on efficiency of Provident Fund Office in handling and managing their website and data.
Get your EPFO e-Passbook below! Take the help of Images if you need to:
Images & Video Courtesy: Jago Investor
Check EPF e-Passbook Sample!